Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Membership Meeting and CLE - LIVE at Gainey Ranch Golf Club
Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 11:45 AM until 1:15 PM
Gainey Ranch Golf Club
7600 Gainey Club Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Registration is closed
Please read entire confirmation email!
Please DO NOT MAIL CHECKS FOR THE LUNCHEON. Either pay in advance on the website via credit card or bring a check or cash (exact change appreciated) to the luncheon. Note: We charge $5 MORE than what the website lists to pay by check or cash at the luncheon, even if you pre-registered. LATE REGISTRANTS PAY A $13.50 LATE FEE.
Non-members who pay via credit card will be charged a convenience fee by our website provider ($2.00 for a charge up to $50; $3 for over $50 up to 250).
Please arrive by 11:45 to check in at the registration desk. The program begins promptly at noon.
We cannot guarantee special meal requests made after the registration deadline.
This program will NOT be recorded or live streamed.
We cannot give a credit for cancellations after the registration deadline. After the deadline, we give Gainey a guarantee, and we pay for your meal whether you attend or not.
Please register by Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at NOON
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
GAINEY RANCH HAS CHANGED OUR REGISTRATION DEADLINE.
REGISTRATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED FOR THIS LUNCHEON BY TUESDAY, MAY 2, 2023 AT NOON.
IF YOU CONTACT US TO REGISTER AFTER THE REGISTRATION CLOSES,
GAINEY RANCH WILL CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT FOR THE LATE REGISTRATION.
THE LATE REGISTRATION FEE WILL BE $13.50 PER PERSON.
• Zambrano v M & RC II, LLC – Can implied construction warranties be waived by Owners/Buyers?
• Cal-Am Properties, Inc. v. Edais Engineering, Inc. – What duties do design professionals owe to project owners with whom they lack privity of contract?
• Shea Connelly Development LLC v. Arizona Registrar of Contractors – Are the defenses of offset and recoupment available to contractors in ROC proceedings?
KEVIN M. ESTEVEZ is a member of Holden Willits, PLC. His practice focuses on construction law and business litigation. He has represented owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, sureties, and real estate developers. Mr. Estevez is the author of Arizona Construction and the Law—a legal blog covering construction law in Arizona. He graduated, cum laude, from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, was the Business Editor of the Arizona State Law Journal, and earned a B.S., magna cum laude, in business administration from the University of Arizona, with double majors in finance and marketing. Mr. Estevez is an AV rated attorney with Martindale Hubbell and has been selected for recognition by Southwest Super Lawyers and Arizona’s Finest Lawyers. He is a current board member and former president of the Scottsdale Bar Association.
MEMBERS, PLEASE LOG IN TO THE WEBSITE BEFORE REGISTERING TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING.
When registering, please indicate your choice of REGULAR entrée or VEGAN entrée.
Regular Entrée: Chicken Cacciatore with peppers, olives, capers, and white wine tomato sauce, on a bed of Spanish rice
Vegan Entrée: Quinoa with roasted vegetables
All meals served with rolls and butter, wedge salad with iceberg, turkey bacon (on the side), baby heirloom tomatoes, pear vinaigrette (GF/DF) and double fudge chocolate cake (GF/V)
Share the fun! Invite a friend to experience the networking, social and educational opportunities of the Scottsdale Bar Association! Current members may invite a prospective member to attend an upcoming lunch for free. Here are the rules:
1. The guest must be eligible for membership in the Scottsdale Bar Association. See www.scottsdalebar.org, click on Membership Information, then Membership Categories.
2. The guest cannot be a former Scottsdale Bar member.
3. The guest cannot have attended lunch for free in the past.
4. The member must attend the luncheon with the guest.
5. The member must register him/herself for the luncheon, then contact Paige Martin at email@example.com with the guest’s name and email address, and choice of regular or vegan meal, so that she can register the guest. Member registration and the request for guest registration must be completed before the registration cut-off on the Friday before the luncheon, at noon.
6. The member can only invite one guest to any luncheon.
7. The member is responsible for following up with his/her guest after the luncheon to invite the guest to join Scottsdale Bar.
8. The Board of Directors reserves the right to limit the number of guests attending each luncheon.