Our May CLE luncheon is sure to be a WILD one! Attorney Sam Coppersmith will be joining us to share his experience representing Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center (SWCC), Scottsdale’s own “Red Cross” for Arizona’s native wildlife. SWCC rescues native wild animals that have lost their homes to development, or are found injured, orphaned, or abandoned. When possible, the animals in are rehabilitated and released back where they belong. Those animals that could not survive in the wild live out their lives at the accredited sanctuary. Mr. Coppersmith will discuss the legal issues SWCC has encountered over the past 20 years with state and federal regulators, County zoning, and the most recent nuisance lawsuit from one of its neighbors. Mr. Coppersmith will be joined by Southwest Wildlife Executive Director Linda Searles, who will also share information about the center and its plans for the future. Linda also plans to bring a great horned owl and its handler! This is one luncheon you won’t want to miss!
For more information on the lawsuit, click here.
*The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.0 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
When you register, you will be asked to indicate your meal choice: simply type REGULAR or VEGETARIAN. If you require a special meal due to dietary restrictions, please type in your requirements.
Regular and Gluten Free: Chicken Enchiladas Wrapped in Corn Tortillas Served with Spanish & Ranch Style Beans
Vegetarian: Cheese Enchiladas Wrapped in Corn Tortillas Served with Spanish & Ranch Style Beans
All meals served with Mexican Caesar Salad with Romaine, Sliced Cherry Tomatoes, Cotija Cheese, Corn Tortilla Strips & Avocado Vinaigrette and Caramel Flan.
Share the fun! Invite a friend to experience the networking, social and educational opportunities of the Scottsdale Bar Association! Current members may invite a prospective member to attend an upcoming lunch for free. Here are the rules:
1. The guest must be eligible for membership in the Scottsdale Bar Association. See www.scottsdalebar.org, click on Membership Information, then Membership Categories.
2. The guest cannot be a former Scottsdale Bar member.
3. The guest cannot have attended lunchfor free in the past.
4. The member must attend the luncheon with the guest.
5. The member must register him/herself for the luncheon, then contact Paige Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the guest’s name and email address, and choice of regular or vegetarian meal, so that she can register the guest. Member registration and the request for guest registration must be completed before the registration cut-off on the Friday before the luncheon, at noon.
6. The member can only invite one guest to any luncheon.
7. The member is responsible for following up with his/her guest after the luncheon to invite the guest to join Scottsdale Bar.
8. The Board of Directors reserves the right to limit the number of guests attending each luncheon.